Event Time and Date
Since 2006, Move Out Madness has picked up furniture and food items from over 1,800 registered student households at no charge. Bulky Item Pick-up takes the worries off students' shoulders as Move Out Madness offers to pick up unwanted bulky items right from student households for free with registration. Due to the City's regular dump pick-up cost of $33+HST for the first item and $27+HST for each additional item, many students leave unwanted furniture behind or on the curb. This service is more sustainable, neighbourhood friendly, and saves students money. The Move Out Madness Team will properly deal with the items based on the quality and state of the bulky item, which can include donating it to either Habitat for Humanity's Restore or storing items for students to take at the beginning of the next school year.
To have your furniture item(s) and food donations picked up, you must fill out the online form, while respecting and abiding by the terms of registration. Move Out Madness is a non-profit program made successful by the efforts of its team of students and University staff, and community partners. Please help make the process as easy as possible so that together we can make this Move Out a little less mad for all!
To register bulky items for pick-up at off-campus addresses, click on one of the links below to register a pick-up for the specified date:
- Tuesday, April 18th - Registration is now closed.
- Thursday, April 20th - Registration is now closed.
- Friday, April 21st - Registration is now closed.
- Monday, April 24th - Registration is now closed.
- Wednesday, April 26th - Registration is now closed.
- Friday, April 28th - Registration is now closed.
- Saturday, April 29th - Registration is now closed.
Cost to participant